Saturday, July 14, 2007

Editor's Note 1

Here we encounter the first of several gaps in the journal of Dr. Nareth E. Nishi. And, for the record, I do attest that at this point, I, Bellatrix Shimisu Bracken, became personally involved in these strange events.

However, the trust that has been bestowed upon me by Miss Artemisia Paine and Others forbids my full disclosure of what dire misadventures transpired between July 11th and July 21st of that year. I will say only that it was necessary to attend to the matter of Miss Paine's resurrection myself, while there still existed some mortal remains from which to work. The "science" of Dr. Nishi had greatly corrupted the essential humors of the corpse. On July 12th, I did enter the building at the southeast corner of Babbage and discovered there Miss Paine's body, secreted in a cellar which opened onto the sea.

No comments: