Saturday, July 21, 2007

New Days

I can hardly believe that only ten days have passed since I last added a page to this typescript. In so short a time, the Palaeozoic Museum has been built at 24 New Babbage Sqaure, and we have made a small start on the exhibits. It has been good to have my hands and mind busy with honest work. I hired labourers and artisans from Caledon and New Babbage, and the construction went smoothly, much more so than I had expected. However, the cache of gold coins I brought with me has been much depleted by this effort, and I worry at the future state of my finances. We shall see. I can not worry on it now, for there is too much joy at the sight of the Museum standing and open to the public.

I have begun the process of transferring my possessions and instruments from the flat in the Canal District, but may maintain that residence for some time yet.

No comments: